Coordinator – Coalition of Latin Americans in the UK (CLAUK)
The CLAUK Coordinator will develop, implement and coordinate the advocacy, campaigning, media, activism and project management activities of CLAUK. The post holder will be primarily responsible for proactively coordinating, supporting and structuring the work of the coalition, bringing together expertise and knowledge from CLAUK’s members and a further range of sources in the achievement of the coalition objectives. While employed and line managed by IRMO, the post holder will collectively report to CLAUK Steering Group.
After 10 years of collective work, and having recently successfully delivered a coordinated response to the Covid-19 pandemic, CLAUK has embarked on a process to review its governance structure and strategy. Following the revision of the terms of reference, the next step is the development of CLAUK strategic plans aiming to strengthen the impact and sustainability of our work.
Working with an external consultant, the CLAUK Coordinator will lead the development of the Coalition strategy and act as the linchpin for CLAUK, connecting CLAUK members, external consultant, and other stakeholders. The post holder will also lead on the key operational activity, including facilitating meetings, organising training sessions and managing communication, while helping maintain an environment of trust and collaboration.
- Working hours: 22.5 hours per week
- Location: IRMO’s Centre (London, SW9 7JP)
- Contract type: Fixed term contract for eight months with possibility of extension
- Employed by: IRMO – Indoamerican Refugee and Migrant Organisation
- Line managed by: IRMO’s Director
- Reporting to: CLAUK Steering Group
- Salary band: £30,388 to £33,209 per year (pro rata)
- Deadline to apply: 19th June 2022
HOW TO APPLY
See the full job description and apply on IRMO’s website here.